Master Gardener Hotline Info
The Cornell Cooperative Extension (CCE) of Erie County
Master Gardener Program volunteers will be working remotely to answer gardening questions.
Volunteers are scheduled to assist with garden hotline questions on Mondays and Thursdays from
9:00am – 12:00pm.
The CCE Erie County Master Gardener Program volunteers:
- Reply to horticultural inquiries received via phone or e-mail.
- Test Soil pH ($2 per sample, or 3 samples for $5).
- Provide Plant and Insect Identification. ($5 fee per specimen)
- Provide Plant Diagnostics. ($5 fee per sample)
- Provide speakers for garden clubs and other organizations (currently virtual).
- Support school and community garden/horticulture projects.
- Conduct horticulture outreach at fairs, garden shows, and other public events.
- Increase awareness of integrated pest management (IPM), water quality, conservation, and other environmental issues.
How and When Can I Drop off my Soil Sample?
Master Gardeners will be working remotely from October 1, 2021 - March 31, 2022
Drop off your samples between 8:30 am - 4:30 pm in our drop box located outside of our office door (2nd Floor) Instructions on how to drop off your sample can be found here.
Instructions on how to obtain your soil sample can be found here.
Instructions on how to obtain your insect ID sample can be found here.
Soil pH: $2 per sample or $5 for three samples
Insect & Plant ID: $5 per sample
Last updated October 19, 2021