What Does a Master Gardener Do?
- Answers horticultural questions via phone or e-mail
- Tests Soil pH ($2 per sample, or 3 samples for $5)
- Plant and Insect Identification ($5 fee per specimen)
- Plant Diagnostics ($5 fee per specimen)
- Provides speakers for garden clubs and other organizations
- Arranges demonstration projects in public places
- Supports school and community improvement projects
- Staffs booths at fairs, garden shows and other public events
- Increases awareness of integrated pest management, water quality, conservation and other environmental issues.
To view flower growing guides, vegetable growing guides, and information on designing flower gardens, click here.
Our Master Gardener Volunteer Hotline is open:
April 1 - October 31: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm, Monday - Friday.
November 1 - March 31: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm, Mondays AND Thursdays only.
The office is located on the upper level of the Farm & Home Center Building/Print Shop, 21 South Grove St. East Aurora, NY 14052.
Last updated April 23, 2018